Thanks to a generous grant from the VLDB Endowment, funds are available to help organizers defray local costs associated with hosting Prof. Widom. If you have already confirmed that you will be hosting Prof. Widom, and you wish to apply for funding, please provide the requested details directly to Prof. Widom. This information will help the VLDB Endowment and Prof. Widom assess the level of funding that can be provided to each host.
If funding is approved, we may ask for additional planning details prior to the visit. Hosts receiving funding will be expected to provide a report after the visit, including a description and evaluation of the event, and details of expenses incurred. Expenses not paid directly by VLDB will be reimbursed shortly after the visit.
To apply for local funding please provide the following information
- Country, institution(s), host name and email
- Dates of visit
- For each of the categories below that are relevant, provide an itemized list with cost estimates in local currency and equivalent US dollars, along with subtotals and a grand total; spreadsheet preferred
- Contribution of host organizations and sponsors towards total local costs
- Costs associated with the venue, including rental fees, equipment fees, internet fees, cleaning fees, other
- Event costs, if there will be any special events
- Participant costs if bringing students from the surrounding region
- Prof. Widom's local costs including accommodation and meals, airport transfers, other local transportation
- Any other anticipated local costs